Need help please - Loading Items error - Corrupt database maybe?

edited January 18, 2020
I am having difficulties getting items to load up in zotero. My report ID is D1255951876

I have attempted the following:
- using the automatic repair tool. It simply times out
- manual instructions with SQlite. I am just not savvy enough to figure that out.

My current sync set up includes:
- Syncing of information to Zotero without attachments
- most attachments live within Zotero
- I have google backup for my local Zotero folder. I don't know if this causes the corruption. I will reformat my sync and backup strategies after getting this fixed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • database disk image is malformed
    Yes, your database is corrupted.
    I have google backup for my local Zotero folder.
    I'm not sure how exactly Google's backup tool works, but if you mean that you have your Zotero data directory in a cloud storage folder, then yes, that's almost certainly what caused the database corruption. At least in your debug output, though, you have your data directory in the default location of "Zotero" in your home directory, which normally should be fine. Not sure if you moved it out of a cloud storage folder previously.

How big is the zotero.sqlite file?

If too big for the repair tool, your best bet is to swap in a backup of the zotero.sqlite file (after making a copy of the current one) and then check database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences to see if that version is corrupted.