Syncing problem with notes

Hi,

This is the first time I have used the notes function since setting up webdav sync through box.net, and I am having some issues with it. Whenever I begin typing, whether it is from inside the zotero window or in a seperate one, everything will seem fine. However, if I don't stop and pause for a second to allow the new timestamp to update on the note in the 'Date Modified' column, I lose all that I typed on the next sync. For example, I could type half a paragraph, then I see the progress bar signifying a sync, and all the sudden the cursor appears at the top of the note and all my typing is lost. Is there a way to control the time between syncs? Even something like syncing only when closing the browser (like in xmarks bookmark sync) would be OK for me, just so I could avoid this issue.

Thanks,

Rich
  • You can turn off auto-sync in the Zotero Sync preferences, but this absolutely shouldn't happen.

Does it still happen if you turn off file syncing?

Assuming it does, can you generate debug output while you reproduce the problem and send it to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread?
  • edited August 4, 2009
    This has been happening to me as well for a while - I have only worked out that it is the auto-syncing that is causing it though.

Zotero 2.0b6.4
    Firefox 3.5
    Windows Vista

I saw in another thread that you haven't been able to reproduce this. The only unusual thing about my system that comes to mind is that I connect to the WebDAV server using a secure connection. I wonder if this could make a difference? Unfortunately AFAIK my WebDAV won't let me connect insecurely so I can't test this.

I will have a play around with turning my other extensions on and off etc. and send you any relevant debug output.
  • Does it still happen if you turn off file syncing?
  • edited August 4, 2009
    No - without file syncing it behaves as expected (i.e. nothing gets deleted as I am typing).