The files in my library are not syncing with the group I created

I created a group to share files, but the files simply do not appear in the group, only the references, even if I have enough data storage. How can my group have access to the attached files?
  • If you're saying that you're saving items to the group and attachments aren't showing up in the same way as they do for My Library, file editing may be disabled for the group (though it looks like they are now for the group you're an admin of, so maybe you fixed it since posting?).
  • No that's right the option is turned on, but the files are not there, that's sort of what my problem is. Some files are showing but they are just not available (the blue circle is empty) and some are just not showing at all (there is no circle at all). It's not really that I am saving attachments in my group, I put a collection from my library in the group, the files are there in my library but they don't show in the group.
  • OK, then see Files Not Syncing. That likely just means the files exist on the computer where they were added and haven't been fully synced.
  • edited January 16, 2020
    Some files are showing but they are just not available (the blue circle is empty) and some are just not showing at all (there is no circle at all).
    Well, just to clarify this, the Files Not Syncing page applies to the former — attachments appearing below items but with an empty circle and a not-found dialog if you try to open them. When describing this, it's helpful to distinguish between parent (bibliographic) items, attachment items (which you can see by expanding parent items), and files (the actual files on disk associated with each attachment item, the presence of which is indicated by the filled or empty circle in each attachment row).

If the attachment items simply don't exist in the group, 1) they weren't ever created, which is entirely possible when the person saving doesn't have access to the PDF on the webpage, 2) "child snapshots and imported files" is disabled for copying between libraries in the General pane of the preferences, or 3) you already dragged the items to the group previously without the child attachments and need to delete the target items from the group, empty the trash, and drag again. (The last one is a little awkward and will be improved in a future version.) Which of these applies depends on exactly how each item was saved/transferred to the group.
  • Problem solved! Thank you so much, it was option 3!!