Chromebook

I want to install Zotero on my Chromebook. I downloaded it from the website, enabled Linux, and tried to install it, but it couldn't find the app.

I read some other related posts here, but most were a bit over my head. (I know NOTHING about Linux or computer programming.) I did read that it can't be installed on a machine running ARM. I installed a System app to see if my machine is running ARM, and it says aarch64. It seems this is a form of ARM, correct?

Am I out of luck?
  • I installed a System app to see if my machine is running ARM, and it says aarch64. It seems this is a form of ARM, correct?

Am I out of luck?
    Yes, sorry, you won't be able to install Zotero.
  • Darn! Okay, thank you adamsmith!

Best alternatives for a Chromebook? Prefer 1) free, 2) able to integrate with Google Docs, and 3) decent note taking capabilities (able to write longer notes, format, search, organize them). I've found F1000 (doesn't have #3) and Paperpile (doesn't have #1, don't know about #3).

Any other suggestions?
  • I'm afraid that'd have been the only two options I can think of. None of the other major software (Mendeley, Endnote, Readcube) in this space runs on Chromebooks.
  • @dstillman Would it be possible to add Scannable Cite to the web library export formats. With that, Chromebook users could reasonably well work with Google Docs with just the web library.