feature request: more information in related items dialog

I just discovered the potential usefulness of linking related items to my notes, but I believe the feature is currently too limited. The dialog shows only the title and creator, which is not enough information to distinguish between similar items. If not the full set of normal library view options, it would be great to have the option of showing at least the year, date added, and call number. Justification: researching bibliography or book history, you end up with multiple editions with the same titles, and even multiple copies of "identical" items (which are not actually the same in reality, since each is a separate physical object and might have lots of physical differences). I can't tell which is which. Thank you!
  • MG6
    edited August 7, 2009
    I've learned to use the search box to narrow down the field; it's ok for now, but it is still pretty confusing. It's hard sometimes to provide a distinctive term from memory.
  • This makes absolute sense. I've had this problem too with different editions of books that I wanted to 'relate' to each other. Year (date of publication) seems absolutely essential. The most flexible option would be one in which you can specify a template yourself, akin to the file rename templates. ({Author} - {Year}, etc.)
  • One idea would be to include a way to display the related items in the centre pane (perhaps a small button next to the "add" button in the related tab, as this is currently unused space).