Citing an article or essay within a multi-author book?

My guess is this is not an option but I'll ask just in case. Is there a way for Zotero to cite a specific chapter (essay or article) within a multi-author book (collection of essays, etc.)? Perhaps there are sources that would feed the necessary information or Zotero to create the citation.

Thanks,
José
  • You would enter such items as “Book Section” and enter both the chapter and book titles, as well as both the authors and editors.
  • Thank you.

I was thinking one-click solutions using plugins, etc.

Now, in the way you just explained it, would I have to "start again" (that is, enter chapter and book titles and the authors and editors info) if I want to cite another chapter/section of the book?
  • The Zutilo plugin adds an option to the right click menu to streamline the process of making Book Section items from a Book item.
  • edited December 29, 2019
    The general solution is to use the ISBN and convert to a book chapter, which requires minimal manual changes (adding title, chapter author and pages). A more specific solution that works for some publishers is using the DOI for a chapter if available, from the publisher's website (and if the publisher formats everything correctly, so it's actually less work than just converting from ISBN).
  • I just found this thread because I had the same question. I tried the Zutilo plug-in and it works perfectly.... thanks!