how to change subscription to free version

Hello, this is getting very frustrating, please help.

I want to either change to the free version of Zotero, or cancel my account. However, I cannot do it.

All of the documentation and forum posts I have looked at just say to go to the 'Zotero Storage page'. But what do I do after that? There's nothing.

There is a message there saying "Your Zotero storage subscription will expire 12/30/2019 if you don't renew before then." But that showed the same last year, and it automatically renewed.

What steps can I take to make sure it doesn't automatcally renew. Is there some way to cancel my credit card details, or some other method of stopping it?
  • Thanks bwiernik, but what do I do once I go to storage?

I can't see any options to either change my plan (there is no 'Select Plan' button next to the 300 MB free option), and I can't see any other option/button/link to either cancel or change my credit card details.
  • You can't select the free plan because you have an active subscription. If it's not set to auto-renew, then it will expire on the expiration date.

If that somehow didn't happen, that would obviously be a bug and we would refund it, but you'd have to report it at the time. I don't believe we have any other reports of that happening. We send out email notifications before either the renewal or the expiration date explaining what's going to happen.

In any case, if you don't want to continue having a plan after 12/30, you don't need to do anything.
  • Great, thank you for the clarification.

Will that mean the previous paid plan will automatically change to the free 300 MB plan, or will it be cancelled?
  • Same thing — 300 MB is the same as not having a plan.
  • I cannot find the option for "auto-renewal", where exactly would I find it?