Pulling Citations from the Wrong Library

Y'all --

I'm working on a large project; in order to organize things better, I've created a new "group library," and copied out a large number of resources from my main library and added a lot more (several hundred). In the process, I have "normalized" and "fixed" a lot of the entries in this group library...

When I insert a citation, however, Zotero is pulling the citation from my personal library rather than the custom library. I don't see any way in the interface to specify which library to draw citations from--is there one and I'm just missing it? Is there some trick to tell Zotero which library to draw citations from?
  • If you've already cited items in a document, it will list those first under a Cited section. After that it will list all matching items, with the items from each library under a separate heading. Just make sure you're selecting from the right section. If you've already added certain items, you'd want to replace those with items from the other library.

You can also switch to the "classic" dialog by clicking on the Z icon to the left of the citation entry box, or make that the default in the preferences, but we recommend sticking with the default mode, which helps you avoid creating duplicate citations that will be undesirably disambiguated by the citation processor. (Some additional ways to search within specific libraries or collections will likely come in a future version.)