Springer LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) Style Request

2»
  • post the relevant section here, I can have a look - I just mostly work in 2.0.9 and can't constantly switch back and forth.
  • To my understanding it has to be this section:

<bibliography>
    <layout suffix=".">
    <text macro="author" prefix=" " suffix=": "/>

Removing the whitespace in the prefix attribute fixes problem 1, but whatever I paste into the suffix attribute is ignored. Don't know why. :-/
  • You could try putting the colon into the author macro - but this whole problem doesn't make sense to me either.
    For clarification - are you deleting the citation number or did you just cut that out above?
    Also, it would probably make things easier if you worked with the actual csl 1.0 style that you can download here:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/raw/master/lncs.csl
    (Zotero auto converts internally, but for editing that might not be the best idea).
  • Sorry, the code snippet above was cut to keep it short... I didn't change anything except the mentioned whitespace.

It seems to me that every suffix attribute I change (in bibliography or in other macros like author) is ignored. BTW: I tried the github version instead: same effect as described before. So I think this has to be a Zotero 2.1 issue.

Thanks a lot anyway.
  • OK - I'll try to track that down. *double sigh*
    Thanks for helping to narrow it down.
  • I'm not having the issues that schaer is having, and I am on 2.1.5 ...

But, something my co-author picked up on: when a citation has a set of pages (284-289), LNCS style wants "pp. 284-289". I'm currently getting "p. 284-289".

I am using the Sorted LNCS, and have a submission deadline later this week... which I know isn't your problem, but it sure is mine ;-)) any help on this one would be greatly appreciated!
  • I'll get to this very soon.
  • Thank you, Adam. It's journal articles that are my highest priority.
  • I can't replicate this. Make sure you update your style and that the data in Zotero is correct.
  • Can anybody in this thread tell me if we need both the "Springer LNCS" and "Springer LNCS Sorted" styles in the repository? What is each style used for?