Big Database Load Failure, Report ID: 1458297938, Debug ID: D691128543

Hi – my Zotero tends to have trouble loading the database recently. Sometimes it all passes fine, more often it gets stuck on "Loading items...". Ok, there are +200k items in my database, but at times it all runs smoothly with no delays at all. Debug output reports things like "Loaded items in My Library in 678343 ms". I am running a 64bit Windows 10 on i7 with 16GB RAM. Killing some background tasks before starting Zotero seems to help, but not much and not always. Is there something I could do to help the loading process? Thanks for consideration, Christian
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Failure arg 0 [mozIStorageResultSet.getNextRow]" {file: "resource://gre/modules/Sqlite.jsm" line: 768}]
    That's a generic error, but with a giant database it's possible it's running out of memory. Zotero on Windows is currently 32-bit, so the amount of memory it can use is limited, but we've been working on a 64-bit version, and we hope to have at least a ZIP build (without an installer) available in beta this week or next. I'll post here for you to try it when it's available.
  • Many thanks for looking into this. The 64-bit version possibly being available so soon is very good news. I'll gladly put it to the test then, keep up the good work.
  • Quick update: I installed a parallel Linux (Mint) on my machine, Zotero is running smoothly there, with reasonable startup time and fluid handling of all my data. I am happy for the moment, 64-bit indeed is the key it seems. Still I keep looking forward to having a 64-bit version on Windows, really a big fan of Zotero.
    Note: An earlier attempt to run 64-bit Linux inside a virtual machine on my regular Windows 10 system (64-bit) proved viable but not as smooth, mostly because of limited access to the file system.