TCP connection reset by peer Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Hi everyone

I am trying to connnect to my Zotero account from a public institution, and when I try to syncronize using my account and password I get the following message:

An error occurred during a connection to api.zotero.org.

TCP connection reset by peer

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much in advance
  • edited December 11, 2019
    Do any network connections within Zotero work? Are you able to submit a Debug ID for the sync attempt?

Generally, though, see, Connection Error.
  • Thank you very much for your quick response

I can't obtein the Debug ID but this is the report of the error, if it can help:

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "API key not set"]

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred during a connection to api.zotero.org.

"]

[JavaScript Error: "Request timed out"]

[JavaScript Error: "Request timed out"]

version => 5.0.77, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => es-ES, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.77, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.20.SA.5.0.77, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.77, extension)
  • edited December 11, 2019
    You should upgrade to 5.0.80 (which you probably need to do by reinstalling from the download page), but after that, see Connection Error.
  • I'm having the same error (I'm on 5.0.85, which should be latest according to download page).

Here is my Debug ID: D812287977

+++ Error Message +++

An error occurred during a connection to zoterofilestorage.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com.

• Syncing now works again. I do not get an error anymore.