Editing Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition

I was able to create my own copy of this and would like to make a few small changes.

The main edit is for a journal article title I want to enclose it in single quotes instead of double-quotes. I also want to place the comma after the second quote rather than inside the quote. This is consistent with my graduate program's citation style. I'd also like to change the page number style from :145-150 to , pp. 145-150.

If someone could show me how to do that I would really appreciate it.

Best,
Jason
  • For the first two changes you don't need to edit the style at all. You can just set the locale to en-GB in the document preferences.

Changing the page range is more involved I'm afraid -- if it's absolutely necessary I can give you some pointers, but Chicago Manual is a rather complex style.
  • Thank you for responding so quickly.

I actually found the University of York - Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition which is very close to the format my grad program at Edinburgh uses. I think this should suffice for now.

I am trying to get a bit more proficient at Zotero as I start my masters dissertation in January. I would appreciate any tips/suggestions you may have.