Zotero Word Add-in not functioning

Dear Zotero team,
I have used Zotero for a year now without much problems but I started experiencing problems with Zotero a few days ago. I opened Zotero and received a notification to allow Zotero to make changes to my computer and accepted but that is where my problems began. When I went to my Word documents, I could nolonger add citations. When I click 'add citation', Firefox opens briefly and shuts down and then nothing happens. I checked this forum for solutions to a similar problem and I have tried all of them and failed. I have upgraded to the latest Zotero, I have re-installed the Word intergrator from Zotero, I have manually tried to install the Zotero Word plug in into Word and restated my computer several times to no avail. Kindly assist me as this is really affecting my thesis writing. The Bug ID is D1691080786
  • edited December 3, 2019
    When I click 'add citation', Firefox opens briefly and shuts down and then nothing happens.
    Firefox? Do you still have a very old version of Firefox (pre-57) with the old Zotero for Firefox extension and the Zotero Word integration plugin installed?
  • Zotero no longer supports Windows XP.