citation-label / trying to prepare ISTE stylesheet

Hi to all,
Is there a way to avoid four characters and no space when using the citation-label assigned by the CSL processor?

I would need to get this (ISTE stylesheet, see there):
[ALB 00] ALBERO B., L’autoformation en contexte institutionnel, du paradigme de l’instruction au paradigme de l’autonomie, L’Harmattan, Paris, 2000.

Instead, I get this;
[ALBE00] ALBERO B., L’autoformation en contexte institutionnel, du paradigme de l’instruction au paradigme de l’autonomie, L’Harmattan, Paris, 2000.

Thanks
Nicolas
  • @dstillman This is a parameter in citeproc-js. We could potentially make the format a hidden pref that is passed to the processor.
  • What parameter is this?
  • See https://github.com/Juris-M/propachi-vanilla/issues/4

Jurism has a extensions.zotero.csl.trigraphFormat preference (here) that controls the format. This is validated (here) before it is passed to citeproc-js. The citeproc-js parameter is citeproc.opt.trigraph
  • We're planning to switch to a new citation processor (citeproc-rs) in the not-too-distant future, so I don't think it makes sense to implement citeproc-js–specific features unless they're either picked up by citeproc-rs or standardized as part of CSL.
  • I'll point it out to cormacrelf
  • @dstillman I use parseparticles and titlecase from the CSL engine. Will those remain exposed to plugins?
  • I doubt it. citeproc-rs will provide an equivalent API for citation processing, but you shouldn't have any expectation that you'd be able to call internals directly.