Zotero Connector on Chrome only recognising journal articles as webpages

Hi there,

I'm rubbish with anything technological, but I've been using Zotero for 6 months and have loved it.

However, I switched my laptop on this morning and the way that the Zotero Connector on Chrome collects metadata has changed. It is only allowing me to save articles as webpages...this means it isn't harvesting journal or author data at all.

Please help! I might as well go back to doing referencing the old fashioned way if it can't harvest metadata!

Thank you in advance,

Britt
  • Thank you for this - I have checked all of the steps (Chrome is up to date, Zotero is up to date, I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Zotero Chrome browser extension etc). I have reset the translators in advanced preferences and the following error report ID appeared: 1775906886

In the error report, it states there are no translators available.
  • edited November 27, 2019
    See the last step (but please make sure you've really followed all the steps, since you didn't do that one and there's not much else that it could be if this is a problem across all sites).
  • I have reset the translators in advanced preferences and the following error report ID appeared
    I’m also not sure what you mean by this. A Report ID is something you generate. It’s not something that appears, and it’s not related to resetting translators. What are you saying appeared?

Also note that you need to reset translators in two separate places.