Google Docs "Zotero experienced an error updating your document" message

Hello,

I have been working happily using Zotero in Google docs for a few weeks now. Suddenly, Zotero will not allow me to use any of the options in its menu. I should note that I am using Chrome on a mac.

I have deleted the bibliography and looked for errors in my footnotes, which other forums suggested, but those strategies did not fix my issue. I have also deleted and reinstalled the app and chrome extension, but that didn't help either. When I go to my google docs folder and "make a copy" of the document, the issue persists. But when I copy and paste the text into another Google doc, Zotero functions fine. The only issue is that my co-authors and I want to keep working from the original document. It is extremely helpful to see our document's full history. Furthermore, I do not want to keep generating new versions of the document, so I'd rather get this bug figured out instead of working out of the new doc.

Can anyone help?
  • I'm curious -- did you/are you using suggest mode in the document at times? I'm suspecting that some of the issues I've seen may be related to that.
  • @adamsmith I am not, but I do have a few comments throughout the paper. But the issue started before they were there.
  • Can you provide a Report ID from Zotero after triggering the error?
  • The Report ID is 951817776
  • Exception: The document is inaccessible. Please try again later
    You should restart your browser and Zotero and when interacting with the Zotero plugin for the first time in the document ensure you select the correct account to authenticate with (this is only applicable if you are logged in with multiple Google accounts). Otherwise this seems like an issue on the GDocs end and is likely to resolve itself automatically.