Explanation for when adding collections to group by drag-and-drop fails?

I have a group library that I want to seed with items from my personal library. I gather from reading the forums that (at least in the past) technical complications prevent me from updating items in the group library when changes are made to the version in my personal library. This manifests as an inability to drag-and-drop items into the group library when it contains items already in there.

However, this is very confusing behavior when you're adding a collection. As far as I can tell, the drag-and-drop will fail silently if the collection contains *any* items already in the destination library. Since my collections have many items and are overlapping, this means I generally cannot add most of my collections. Furthermore, it's very confusing behavior unless you know exactly what's going on, because there's no feedback. The first few collections you try moving work fine, and then some of them just don't appear after the drag-and-drop. It's hard to tell if this is because Zotero is still working (e.g., uploading the items to the cloud servers), or because the proposed move has been rejected.

I suggest that, at the minimum, some sort of user feedback be given, e.g., an error dialog box that explains why the proposed move has been rejected.

Even better, I suggest that the move be allowed if the collection contains any items that are not already present in the destination library, and that the items be correctly "double listed" in both the new and old collection.

Thanks.

Zotero 5.0.77 on MacOS 10.14.6.