Anomalie code Zotero

Bonjour,

Je souhaite faire remonter une anomalie qui nous met en difficultés.
Nos sommes en train de finaliser un style zotero pour notre institution, et nous avons remarqué que le type de document "Émission de TV" passe sous le nom "broadcast" en CSL. Or cette terminologie est utilisée pour les documents audio et non pas pour les documents vidéo (qui est "motion_picture").

Je souhaitais joindre à mon message deux copies d'écran qui vous aurait aidé à visualiser mais je n'y parviens pas ici.

Merci par avance,
  • Could you explain why that's a problem?
    We have radio and tv broadcasts, which are being mapped to the same CSL category - broadcast and we have film and video recording which, again, are the same CSL category, motion_picture. I'm not quite sure I understand why that's a problem?

You can post screenshots to a free image hosting site (imgur.com, Dropbox, etc.) and link to them here.
  • Thank you for your answer. It's a problem because we wanted to configure differently our bibliographic style depending on the document type, audio or video, with an automatic add of [document vidéo] or [document audio] :

- Leçon inaugurale. Leçons de l’histoire de l’Afrique [document vidéo], Collège de France, Paris, 2019.

- MAUDUIT X., « Le goût des civilisations perdues (3/4) : quand l’Afrique rêve ses civilisations passées » [document audio], Le cours de l’histoire, Maison de la Radio, Paris, France Culture, 2019.

With the denomination "tv broadcast/show", the document is seen as an audio document : broadcast in the CSL code is an audio document.

The first link is a screenshot of my Zotero box with the highlighting notice to show you an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqlifvfhpketnhg/capture zotero 1.PNG?dl=0

The second one is the JSON CSL code of the same notice (which becomes "broadcast", and add "[document audio]" even if it's a video):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yweuydq91xhvnim/capture zotero 2.PNG?dl=0

It seems to be a mistake... is it editable?

Thank you very much!
  • There is no different type for radio and TV broadcasts in CSL, so no, this isn't editable (and I don't think there has ever been demand for it so I don't think we'd be likely to change that in CSL), but I think audio recording (CSL: song) and video recording (motion_picture) are better categories for those item types anyway since they refer to recordings.
  • Thank you for you message.
    We will follow your suggestion.
    Probably it will be preferable to have a CSL for every document type, but I understand that now there has not been demand for it, we will see what the future brings!
    Many thanks
    Best regards

• For those types of labels, also use the “Format” field, or enter them in Extra like this:
    Medium: Audio recording
  • Dear Bwiernik,
    Thank you very much, it is a good idea!

Now the CSL is working as below :

if we use "TV broadcasts " as type we have "program title" field, but we have "[audio recording]" in the citation

if we use "video recording" as type we have not "program title" field but we have "[video recording]" in the citation.

So, as you say, now it is better to use for exemple "TV broadcasts" to keep all the bibliographic reference details and manually in the "format" field enter "video recording. Many thanks!

I hope in the future will be possible have not to do adjustment manually.

Thank you very much for your help, Adamsmith and Bwiernik!
    Best regards

• You can add a Program/Album title to Audio Recording to Extra in a similar manner:
    Container title: Album title
  • Dear Bwiernik,

Merci infiniment, it is a good suggestion!