Sync Error log: 1127721715 - 'TypeError: val.indexOf is not a function'

Error Log: 1127721715

I am running the latest Zotero and the latest firefox on PC.

When my local Zotero attempts to Snyc it gets stuck checking local conflicts with the remote server. Actually it get stuck at exactly the 53rd object it is trying to resolve. The local object - which I can not find to delete, appears as a blank page on the left hand side of the screen. The merged document appears on the right as the full reference, which I want to keep. At that point the sync operation freezes and I get this message:

'TypeError: val.indexOf is not a function'

What can I do?

regards,
Luke
  • edited July 22, 2009
    We'll fix this, but if you have all your data on one side the sync troubleshooting steps might help. (In your case the Full Sync option likely wouldn't help.) Otherwise you may need to wait for the next beta.
  • Dan, thanks for this. I still haven't got sync working again. I have got 2.0b6.5 installed on both machines. This is what I have done in order:

1. Home machine. I restored my most complete collection to server. As far as I could tell this worked - it said it was successful - but maybe not...

2. Work machine. I exported recent items off my second machine, and restored that collection from the server - from which it returned almost empty - and I have not been able to repopulate again, even after attempting to restore to server again from home.

3. Home machine. Attempted to restore to server again - failed. Attempted to full sync. I've tried both of these a few times.

4. Got this error message: 'Invalid mode 'mergeedit' in relatedbox.xml'

5. Logged this error ID: 535010517

Any suggestions?

regards,
    Luke
  • Dan - thanks your replies - and the new version looks great. Though - I'm still have sync troubles. I have tried restoring all my data from one side to server. However, I could never retrieve it again on the other computer. I have installed the latest update, and tied syncing again - I get this error. Report ID 1613658650

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Delete reconciliation unimplemented for collections"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Unexpected status code 404 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getFileUploadParameters()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]