Having a subcollection under 2 different collections without duplicating

Is there a quick way to have a subcollection under 2 different collections without duplicating the subcollection and the items they contain?

I know for items, it's possible to have one item under different collections without duplication. Capitalizing on this, one way of accomplishing the above task (which I have yet to try), is to create a new subcollection folder and drag each item into that folder; this could be time-consuming if you are moving lots of subcollections. Is there a more efficient way?
  • If you want the subcollections to be actually identical, i.e. you make a change in subcollection A and it automatically applies to subcollection A* the answer is no, that's not possible. I'd consider using tags for that purpose.

If you just want to create identical subcollections but they don't need to stay in sync, you can do what you propose pretty quickly, since you can just create the new subcollection, then select all in the old one and drag&drop all items at once, so that's pretty quick.