Chicago Footnotes in MS Word Plugin

So I've noticed when Zotero creates a footnote in MS Word (using the MS Word plugin), it doesn't put them in the footer. Also, it creates a horizontal line and takes up a lot of space at the bottom of the page. This line and the space cannot be edited. What's happening there? Does it insert some sort of invisible control that is uneditable? I have one foot note for this particular document on one page and it takes up a lot of space. Is there any way to change this?
  • They're just Word footnotes, the same as if you went to Insert → Footnote and inserted them yourself. They don't go in the footer.
  • Ah, ok. I've actually never used them in Word. So it's a Word issue. Thanks for your reply! :-)
  • In the View tab, click Draft in the left most group. Then click References -> View Footnotes. In the pane at the bottom of the screen that appears, click the Dropdown box and select Footnote Separator. Delete all the blank lines between the text cursor and the dividing horizontal line. Then, in the dropdown box, click Footnote Continuation Separator and do the same thing. Then you can switch back to Print Layout in the View tab.
  • Yes! Thank you! I knew that was an easy solution.