Zotero not working

I have opened Zotero on two different computers now and neither of them will work. One is a PC and one is a MAC. The MAC I used the microsoft zotero plugin and the PC I used the google chrome plug in. I am beside myself right now as I have a paper due and all I had to do was add in my citations. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it on both computers to no avail and the amount of time I spent on this I could probably have done the citations myself but I am not confident that I am doing them correctly. Help??? Please.
  • You'l'l have to say more than "not working". What exactly is happening? Can you provide a Report ID?

It says there is an error and brings me to a troubleshooting page. I tried opening it up in a different document like was suggested which brought me to the uninstalling and reinstalling and trying different avenues of trying to get it to work.
  • That's still not enough info. We're happy to help, but remember that we can't see your screen.

What are you trying to do when the error occurs? What does the error say?
  • I get a pop up that says "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?" And I go to that page and I did a few of the recommendations. I also did a reinstall and nothing has changed.
  • Follow the entire page until the problem is fixed.