attach pdf not longer works after Symantec update (D1467281869)?

Running 5.0.76 on my company laptop (all works fine at home) attaching pdf files no longer works. Neither via ‘add attachement' nor by syncing with my webdav account.
I just read in post that this might be AV software related. The failure to attach pdf files seems to coincide with updates of Symantec software on 14 and 18 October.
IF there is a link (and probably no work around as the work laptop is heavily policed) is zotfile linkage the only viable solution left?

Many thanks!
  • database disk image is malformed
    Your database is corrupted. This usually happens when your Zotero data directory is in a cloud storage folder such as Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive, so if that's the case for you, you should move it out right away.

You can try the DB Repair Tool to fix your DB.
  • Thanks dstillman. The database is synced on the zotero server and the data files are synced with webdav on cloudMe which has produced no issues over the last 5ish years. On the work computer I can still (via firefox) 'Save to zotero (webpage with snapshot)' and that syncs nicely and has arrived on my home computer after the usual manual sync; the issue seems to lie with pdf files and only on the work computer.
    I'll give the DP repair tool a go tomorrow. Many thanks!
  • It's not about PDF files — it's just that the part of the database related to attachments is corrupted.
  • As always, many thanks, worked a treat!