Attempts to gather metadata for an individual item on the WorldCat webpage via the Zotero connector in Firefox have been regularly failing for a couple of weeks now (the "Saving to"-panel appears, persists for a while, and eventually either disappears or I close it; nothing is saved). I've tried the things on the connector issues page, with no effect. Debug ID 406801.
  • That Debug ID doesn't show a save attempt. Be sure to start debug output logging, load the page, perform the save so that you get the error, wait the popup to go away, and then submit the output.
  • Is this better? Report ID 97230988, Debug ID D733918919.
  • OK, thanks. For some reason you're getting an incorrect response from WorldCat, likely due to something about your institution's WorldCat subscription or proxy setup. I've put in what should be a fix. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.

    (When working properly, as it does for me, it will still show a fallback error in the save popup, but it will then save successfully. I'm not sure why that's necessary, but someone more familiar with our two WorldCat translators would know more. Details here.)
  • Thanks: this works well.
Sign In or Register to comment.