Report ID 1398403107

Heyo,

I had my library synced with owncloud webdav - worked fine.

Now I need to switch to bitrix and I get "
[JavaScript Error: "err is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 767}]"

Thanks for your help.

PS: Connecting webdav with the same url and account data in windows works fine.

Best,

lovetheguitar
  • edited October 16, 2019
    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that fails?
  • Sure, D76550003. :)
  • HTTP GET https://[…]/zotero/nonexistent.prop failed with status code 200
    This should show a proper error, and we'll fix that, but your WebDAV is incorrectly returning a 200 for missing files instead of a 404 — i.e., saying that missing files exist. This is the error it's supposed to show:
    Your WebDAV server is claiming that a nonexistent file exists. Contact your WebDAV server administrator for assistance.
    Zotero can't work correctly if the server is lying about whether files exists, so you'll need to contact the server admin.
  • Okay, just out of curiosity, why is the webdav share working with windows explorer then?

As I looked through the forum first, other people had similar problems with different webdav providers. Is it just the current Zotero implemenation you do not want to adapt to work with those "faulty webdav servers"?

Thanks for your quick replies. (:
  • edited October 16, 2019
    why is the webdav share working with windows explorer then?
    A normal WebDAV client makes different sorts of requests, including listing the entire directory, which is a much slower operation, and it likely wouldn't encounter this server bug.
    Is it just the current Zotero implemenation you do not want to adapt to work with those "faulty webdav servers"?
    There's nothing subjective about this — if a web server returns a 200 instead of a 404 for a nonexistent file, it's broken. This is super-basic HTTP behavior. For file syncing to work efficiently, Zotero needs to know if a given file exists.