Generate report with Attachment URL links?

edited September 30, 2019
Hello,

I am wondering if there is any means, whether native to Zotero or via plugins, to generate reports that include the URLs of item attachments. Currently, the "Attachments" section of my reports include only the "Title" of the link as a bullet of plain text. I would prefer to generate reports that have these titles hyperlinked with the URL they are linked to in my Zotero database, though if it were possible to simply add the URL as text, that would be acceptable.

Any hints?

Thank you very much for your time. I have always found this forum remarkably helpful and generous.

Kindly,
Peter
  • I think only link items have URLs, not all attachments, but I've added hyperlinks for link-attachments to the report customizer plugin.
  • @emilianoeheyns Thank you so much for this tool, it helps me to quickly generate a report on a literature search with clickable links (contrary to standard zotero bibliographies). I use in in combination with the zotfile option to extract annotations. The nicest feature in zot-file, are the links to the pdf files opening the file at the page of annotation. Going via the report gets me the links which i can later use for example in word for further processing. Only thing is if, i did not extract any annotation i don't get the //zotero://open-pdf/library/items/####### link from the annotations. Reading your thread I was thinking if you could implement a zotero link as you do it with the notes for the pdf attachments in general. Ideally with the open-pdf form as done by zotfile (i guess this would be a prerequisite then). What do you think.
  • Open an issue on github and we can talk about it. I always forget which threads I'm in here.