Bibliography from Clipboard

When I copy a bibliography to clipboard and past into our deki I get code as such:

<div style="line-height: 2em; margin-left: 0.5in; text-indent: -0.5in;">
<p style="margin: 0pt;">Kneller, Jane. <span style="font-style: italic;">Kant and the power of imagination</span>. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007.  <span title="url_ver=Z39.88-2004&ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_id=urn%3Aisbn%3A0521851432%2C%209780521851435&rft_val_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Abook&rft.genre=book&rft.btitle=Kant%20and%20the%20power%20of%20imagination&rft.place=Cambridge&rft.publisher=Cambridge%20University%20Press&rft.aufirst=Jane&rft.aulast=Kneller&rft.au=Jane%20Kneller&rft.date=2007&rft.isbn=0521851432%2C%209780521851435" class="Z3988"><br />
</span></p>
</div>
<p style="margin: 0pt;"> </p>

There must be more in the clipboard than the ASCII/Unicode characters of the reference? How can I get rid of all this 'stuff'?

Thanks, Michael
  • I have a similar question -- when I copy a standalone note into either an text input box in Firefox or into OpenOffice, I get <p> and </p> around the contents. This is a nuisance to edit out. I checked preferences to see if including this format coding was an option I could turn off and on but I couldn't find anything.

I don't remember this being a problem when I first installed Zotero 2b a few weeks ago, when I was trying out different features as I read about them.
  • seriate: This is using Quick Copy? Do you have "Copy as HTML" enabled in the Export pane of the Zotero prefs? It sounds like you want to disable it. Note that, if you don't copy as HTML, the plaintext references may not be formatted correctly, depending on whether your style requires rich-text formatting.

ves: Yours is a separate (though, yes, similar) issue. Rich-text text (HTML) notes in 2.0 currently copy as HTML code. We're working on fixing this, but it's not as straightforward as it seems. We can copy both text and HTML to the clipboard simultaneously, but converting an HTML note to text risks losing indications of important semantic markup such as blockquotes, Word can't handle HTML blockquotes and various other semantic markup, and OpenOffice chooses to display to the user the conditional HTML comments we could use to fix some of the Word problems. But we're working on it.