Zotero including "Location in Archive" info when citing in APA

Recently when I download citations to Zotero, it is including information in the "Location in Archive" field, which is then being added to the end of each reference in the reference list.

For example when using ERIC (via Ebscohost), the contact info, email, phone number, etc. is being imported into the "Location in Archive" field in Zotero, which is all being incorrectly displayed in the references when using APA style 6th ed.

Likewise when I added a book record from my library discovery service (EDS), it included the Call number info in the "Location in Archive" field and added it to the Reference.

I suspect this may be an Ebscohost problem however I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the "loc in Archive" field so that it does not get populated or it does not appear in the citations.
  • edited September 20, 2019
    It is correct APA style to provide the electronic archive name and location if no DOI or URL is provided for an item. In general, add the DOI to your items for the best APA references.
  • edited September 20, 2019
    It sounds like the problem is the import here, though. If, say, the call number is in the Loc. in Archive field, that obviously doesn't mean it should be cited in APA.

It'd be possible to wipe all Loc. in Archive fields in the database relatively easily. It'd also be possible to modify APA style to not use the field in a custom version, but I'd advise against that (because you're then stuck on that custom version and e.g. have to do this over again when the 7th edition comes out in a couple of weeks).
  • Yes, I would say not of those values should go to Call Number and not Loc in Archive.
  • Thanks for the replies - I do think the issue is with the import as it is essentially taking the author contact information (or the call number in the case of the book), and placing it in the "Location in Archive" field in Zotero. This is obviously not correct and should not be a part of the citation. I have not had the same issue with non-Ebscohost sources (for example if I import the same article from Eric.ed.gov web site as opposed to using the Eric database via Ebscohost it works fine... likewise, when I import a book record from our Innovative catalog rather than directly from the Ebsco Discovery service, it does no include the call number in the citation). I have emailed Ebsco tech support to see if they have any ideas as this is a relatively new problem - I suspect it may have something to do with how they are loading the metadata.
  • I'm also having this issue for some APA references. How can I 'wipe all Loc. in Archive fields in the database relatively easily' as suggested above as fix for this issue? Thanks