Mac Zotero fail to sync local storage automatically to pCloud

I am using Mac OS and trying to move the local storage on my disk to the pCloud webdav server. The "Verify Server" function works fine and I reset file sync history. After that, I press the sync button on upper right corner and check the online pCloud folder. Nothing is uploaded to pCloud. I have repeated my times, and get the same result. I have also tried another webdav server, and it does not work either. Please help! Thank you!
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for the first sync after resetting file sync history?
  • Thank you for your prompt reply
  • edited September 20, 2019
    (3)(+0000002): Skipped libraries:

(3)(+0000000): [
    "0": 1
    ]
    That's not specific to file syncing — you're just not syncing your library at all. Re-enable "My Library & Feeds" in the "Choose Libraries…" window.
  • It's quite weird that when I choose the libraries to sync and press ok, nothing changed. It does not show the library I just chose. I seems that I just cannot choose which library to sync automatically. Is this a bug? Instead, I can only go back to the main interface, right click on the library, and choose to sync. In this way, the sync function is activated.
  • Besides, even I manually activated the sync function by right click on the library, only partial of its content is uploaded to pCloud at the end. Say, there are about 4000 items in the local storage folder, but only a few hundreds are uploaded.
  • It's quite weird that when I choose the libraries to sync and press ok, nothing changed.
    It's a toggle. You need to either double-click the row or click in the left column to activate it, which will show a checkbox. It's enabled by default, so you would've had to have disabled it at some point. (We're planning to add an X instead of an empty space when a row is disabled.)
    Say, there are about 4000 items in the local storage folder, but only a few hundreds are uploaded.
    Then we would again need a Debug ID after resetting file sync history. Not that files that are missing on this computer obviously won't be able to be uploaded from this computer.
  • I have successfully set the library to sync according to your instruction. Besides, I think I have figured out why not all the local items are uploaded. Previously, I have used zotfile to rename attachments and move pdfs from the 8-character storage folder to their specific collection folders. So those 8-character folders are now empty and their pdfs are stored in a series of folders sharing same names with collections. Zotero seems to ignore those collection folders and those attachments are not uploaded. By disabling file moving by zotfile, I have tested that newly imported items stored in 8-character folders are successfully uploaded. So my question is, can we let zotero upload those folders whose names are not 8 characters? Or, can zotfile do the inverse job by moving those files back to 8-character folders? Thank you very much.
  • It's not about the file naming scheme — it's that those are stored files within the Zotero data directory, and ZotFile creates linked files outside of the data directory. Zotero doesn't sync linked files, because they're outside of its control. (It also won't delete linked files if you delete the attachment in Zotero, because we assume you may be using them elsewhere.)