Citation Counter

I cannot get the Citation Counter Add on to work. It is only showing 0000. I haver updated my Zotero version as well as the Citation Counter Add on version. Can you please help me with this issue? Thanks!
  • Yes. I downloaded it from here and it is still not working.
  • edited September 20, 2019
    If you have installed that version, it would be showing ZSCC, followed by a 7-digit citation count, potentially with a number in brackets (indicating that it couldn't update the count), like this:
    ZSCC: 0000042[s0]

Is that the case?
  • Hi. To me, it shows ZSCC: NoCitationData[s0]
  • That suggests that it couldn't find the item on Google Scholar. If you select the item, then click the green Locate arrow in the upper right corner of the Zotero window and choose Google Scholar, is there any results? How many citations does the first item have?
  • edited March 31, 2020
    A little context :
    Most of the papers that I read are accessed through IEEE Xplore digital library. The papers usually have more than one date - the date of publication of the paper and date of publication in a journal issue.
    The metadata extracted considers the latter date while the Google Scholar search results considers the first one.

I have observed that ZSCC: NoCitationData[s0] crops up whenever the two dates are not in the same year since the plugin uses the year from the metadata.

Additionally, could there be a possibility that the plugin directly utilises the citation count from IEEE Xplore library instead of Google Scholar results.