Bug? Long delay when manually entering a call number

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but everytime I manually enter a call number for a journal article (I use the call number field as a record number for each entry), Firefox freezes for about five seconds, and then comes back to normal (with the call number properly entered).

Although it ends up working, this seems to me like an unacceptably long time for such a simple task.

Is this normal?

P.S. I run Ubuntu 9.04 with Firefox 3.0.11 and zotero 2.0b6.2 on a Dell Inspiron 640m machine.
  • And you only get this delay for the call number field, not other fields?
  • Strangely, yes, I only get this delay for the call number field.
  • Could you generate debug output for this, with extensions.zotero.debug.time enabled as well, and send it to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread?
  • Thanks—but not much to go on there, unfortunately. We'd likely need profiler data from JavaScript Debugger to figure out what's going on. Steps: install the debugger, open it from Tools menu, prep the call number action, click Profile, save a call number, unclick Profile, save profile data from the Profile menu, send HTML file to us. If you get hung up on a particular step, let me know.
  • Actually, before you do that, it's worth sending in an error report from Report Errors under the gear menu after attempting a save and posting the Report ID here.
  • HTML file sent by email. I did what you asked but "Report Errors" is shaded in the gear menu and not available.