Style Request: Journal of Alzheimer's Disease

I have been asked to write a paper for this journal, but I can't find the style in the repository.

I have checked through the main styles using:

chrome://zotero/content/tools/cslpreview.xul

and the required style is similar to IEEE with some differences (mostly just bold here or italic there).

The "authors instructions" page gives these directions for references:

"References (click here to download Endnote X style)

1. Place citations as numbers in square brackets in the text. All publications cited in the text should be presented in a list of references following the text of the manuscript. Only articles published or accepted for publication should be listed in the reference list. Submitted articles can be listed in the text as (Author(s), unpublished data).
2. All authors should be listed in the reference list.
3. References should be listed in the order of appearance in the following style:

[1] Alzheimer Research Forum, Drugs in Clinical Trials: AAB-001, http://www.alzforum.org/drg/drc/detail.asp?id=101, Last updated May 29, 2007, Accessed on January 29, 2008.
[2] Smith MA (2006) Oxidative stress and iron imbalance in Alzheimer disease: how rust became the fuss! In Alzheimer's Disease: A Century of Scientific and Clinical Research, Perry G, Avila J, Kinoshita J, Smith MA, eds. IOS Press, Amsterdam, pp. 305-308.
[3] Hara H, Monsonego A, Yuasa K, Adachi K, Xiao X, Takeda S, Takahashi K, Weiner HL, Tabira T (2004) Development of a safe oral Abeta vaccine using recombinant adeno-associated virus vector for Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis 6, 483-488.
[4] Paxinos G, Watson C (1986) The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, Academic Press, Sydney.
[5] Zhu X, Perry G, Smith MA (2004) Two hits and you're out? A novel mechanistic hypothesis of Alzheimer disease, Alzheimer Research Forum, http://www.alzforum.org/res/adh/cur/zhu/default.asp, Posted 23 October 2004, Accessed January 29, 2008."

More information regarding the style is found at:

http://www.j-alz.com/about/prepman.html

I'd be grateful if someone more familiar with CSL could put this together. Please post any further information required and I try to provide it.
  • I have the EXACT same problem! I need this format too.

Ironically, I am actually using the example reference shown in chrome://zotero/content/tools/cslpreview.xul!

Thank you
  • References (click here to download Endnote X style)
    Have you tried using the linked .ens file in Zotero?
  • edited July 16, 2009
    Got it!

(1) From the JAD website: "References (click here to download Endnote X style)". Download the Endnote style

(2) In Zotero, follow the menus from: Actions -> Preferences -> Styles

(3) In the Styles window, click the "+" in the lower right corner.

(4) In the new "Add style window", change the tab [CLS style] (lower right corner) to [Endnote style] and locate your downloaded style (JD_new.ens in this case). Select it, "open" it and press "install".

That's all!
  • I also just committed a CSL style for the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease to the Style Repository. Comments welcome.
  • Thank you everyone.

I'll have a look at these options later.

Thanks again.
  • The endnote import seems to work fine. Thanks everyone, I didn't realise you could import endnote styles so easily.