Cite Them Right 10th Edition - Harvard

Hi,

Could anyone please help me modify the Cite Them Right 10th Edition - Harvard style so that IN-TEXT CITATION shows et al not in italic and the BIBLIOGRAPHIC ENTRY displays title without quotation sign and without DOI.

I'd be extremely grateful,
Thanks!
  • Is this for a specific university or journal requirement?
  • Hi,

No not really, I just want the bibliography to look more condensed and clear.

Also, is it possible to get rid of the editor in the bibliography?

Thank you so much in advance.
  • Hi,

If you know of any style you could recommend, or know how to modify the Cite Them Right 10th Edition - Harvard style to achieve the following,
    I'd be really really grateful:

I'd like the in-text citation to be author-date format and then if I have multiple citations to order them as date published - the Cite Them Right 10th Edition - Harvard does this automatically which is great.
    Here's the example:

(Shimomura et al., 1962; Chalfie, 2009; Tsien, 2009; Thorn, 2017)

As for the bibliograpy I'd basically like to get rid of DOI, the editor, quotation signs in the title and add the full stop after the title.

As of now it looks as follows:

Chalfie, M. (2009) ‘GFP: Lighting up life (Nobel Lecture)’, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 48(31), pp. 5603–5611. doi: 10.1002/anie.200902040.

Shimomura, O., Johnson, F. H. and Saiga, Y. (1962) ‘Extraction, purification and properties of aequorin, a bioluminescent protein from the luminous hydromedusan, Aequorea’, Journal of Cellular and Comparative Physiology, 59(3), pp. 223–239. doi: 10.1002/jcp.1030590302.

Thorn, K. (2017) ‘Genetically encoded fluorescent tags’, Molecular Biology of the Cell. Edited by D. Kellogg, 28(7), pp. 848–857. doi: 10.1091/mbc.e16-07-0504.

Tsien, R. Y. (2009) ‘Constructing and exploiting the fluorescent protein paintbox (Nobel Lecture)’, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 48(31), pp. 5612–5626. doi: 10.1002/anie.200901916.

Again, thank you.
  • You could see if http://editor.citationstyles.org/searchByExample/ lets you find something. Someone might take the time to help you, but for most of us, customization for personal preferences is the lowest priority.
    Basic instructions for modifying citation styles yourself are also here:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
  • Hi,

OK, thank you for the info.