recognise PDF frames in snapshots

I couldn't find if it has been already discussed but I noticed a pretty annoying problem. Many Paper distributors show their PDF full texts in a separate frame beside a html bar and when you take a snapshot you don’t get a pdf file which you could easily rename and open but you get an html file and you have to search for the pdf file in-between al these html supplement files and rename it manually, or you have to save it and drag and drop it. This is pretty annoying.
  • ...I forgot thanks for this great software :)
  • Snapshots are not generally how you want to grab PDFs. In most cases the PDF should just come with the item when you grab it from the icon in the location bar. Can you provide a specific example where you are running into this problem?
  • ok at least in the cases I used during the last hours I found a solution for the problem by activating the automatically add PDF files function and using the item add button on the page of the PDF file. But I still got the problem when I try to append a PDF file to an entry that already exists. And that’s almost in all case due to the fact that I create my citations in pubmed or other big databases, otherwise I am never sure to have all the information I need in my citation.
  • edited July 19, 2009
    Edit: Apologies - I had a lapse of memory and confused Wiley Interscience with Highwire (e.g. PNAS). The option in Highwire is called "show PDF in full window". There doesn't appear to be a similar option in Wiley.

At least with Wiley Interscience there is an option in the right hand frame called something like "display pdf in a separate window" - this removes the frames and allows proper pdf saving. I don't know whether there is something similar for other distributors.