WebDAV file sync to Nextcloud fails in Windows but working in MacOS

When attempting to enable file syncing to a Nextcloud webdav server I get the following error when I click "Verify Server":

"
An unknown error occurred.
Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.
HTTP 200
"

The same settings are working when I configured a MacOS client to sync to the same server with the same credentials.

I can reach the WebDAV url from the network that the Windows client is trying to connect from. This is also apparent in the HTTP 200 returned to the client.

Debug id: D1432829883
  • HTTP PROPFIND https://[…]@nextcloud.[…]/remote.php/webdav/zotero/ failed with status code 200:

<!--samlchecks_get.html --><!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Welcome To Zscaler Directory Authentication
    Security software on your computer/network is interfering.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I hadn't considered the network but connecting the machine to a different network to "verify server" allowed the verification to work. Thereafter syncing on the original network does work.
  • I mean, it may not. The point of Verify Server is to test out the functionality required for WebDAV syncing. If you're getting an error during that, there's a good chance you'll get one later during actual file syncing.