Chicago Manual of Style 17th ed., all variants. Bug or error?

Hi all,

I'm using as a Style Manager "Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note)", updated 3/1/2019.

For some reason, when I call the citation in Word via the plugin, I erroneously get single quotes (e.g. 'Article on Something') around article titles, where the CMS17 continues to require double quotes (e.g. "Article on Something").

I get the same problem, of single quotes where there should be double around article or chapter titles, when using the Style Preview tool as well.

I have checked at the CMS17 website, and my interpretation that double quotes are needed is correct.

Has an error crept into the style at the Zotero end? If so, and you could fix it quickly, that would be amazingly helpful for oodles of people in my field :-) But I'll gladly be told if I've just done something silly to my computer settings that I don't understand. This is not unheard of... :)

In case: I'm running a MacBookPro 2017 with macOS Sierra. Zotero and plugin both updated today.

Thanks so much everyone! And all the best,

Sean Curran
  • In the document preferences window in the Zotero tab in Word, change the language from English (UK) to English (US).
  • That worked a charm, bwiernik: thank you so much! All the best, Sean