Best way to backup / change account details

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum. I rely on Zotero Standalone for my research work and quite like using the software.

1- Is there some way I can change the user name and email ID associated with my account? Can I do this without disturbing the library and notes I've built up in my Zotero account over the years?

2- I have a decent amount of info saved in the notes section of my bibliographic entries. What is the most reliable way of backing up my bibliographic info?

Thanks!
  • Is there some way I can change the user name and email ID associated with my account?
    You can do this from the account settings.
    What is the most reliable way of backing up my bibliographic info?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#backing_up_your_zotero_library

• Thanks for the quick response.

I looked through the page and used this to locate the data directory -

/Users//Library/Application Support/Zotero/Profiles//zotero

This is under the section - Zotero 4.0 Standalone

But, I don't see any "zotero" after I enter the randomstring folder. I do see a file called storage but nothing with the name of zotero.

Is this because I am using 5.0.73 and the instructions here are for ver. 4?

Thanks!
  • The easiest and most reliable way to find your Zotero data is by clicking the “Show Data Directory” button in the Advanced tab of your Zotero Preferences window. This will reveal the folder on your computer that contains your Zotero database and attachment files.
    You should just use that, but for the default locations, there's a Zotero 5 section at the top of the page that you skipped over.