Annotations doubt

Hie guys/girls
Am doing mi collage thesis. All my work is based on direct highlight on pdfs, and am started importing all of my files to Zetore but... am still working on those files (summarizing). The question is ¿What is going to happen with the new highlight am doing? Will I must add the pdf with the new modifications again to the zotero database in order to get the fresh annotations?
Furthermore, when added a new file (pdf) to the database, how Zotero works?
Does it create a duplicate file of it? (of course they are stored at Zotero's cloud) but does it create a duplicate pdf on my pc?
Cheers

• edited August 2, 2019
    Zotero doesn't know anything about annotations — it just tracks the files. So if you double-click a PDF in Zotero to open it in an external reader, annotate the same file, and save it, you've modified the file saved in Zotero.

If you annotate a file and then add it to Zotero, you've added the annotated file to Zotero. You can add files as stored files or linked files, and that affects whether a copy is made and where the file in Zotero is stored. If you add a stored file, you'll likely want to delete the original. Either way, going forward, you'll generally want to open the file through Zotero.

The ZotFile extension can extract annotations from PDFs into Zotero notes.
  • Thank you a lot. Didnt know the approach that Zotero do with the files and how manages them.