Change of view definition from rows and columns to something more configurable

I really like Zotero, but I must admit the view of the papers I find quite difficult to navigate (and is probably related to some undiagnosed cognitive or reading issue :) ).

The current view is something like the image below. What I would love to have is less of a database feel to it (lines and columns) and maybe something where each row has the title of the paper and then below is the authors and date published and below that maybe the first few lines of an abstract (which, I understand, not all entries in zotero might have, but for those of us who have journal articles...).

https://i.redd.it/l5003500n1e31.png

At some level the "line entry view" could be defined something like the way Zapier does it where you can select the fields you want to populate and where they sit in the row:

https://i.redd.it/lkietw50o1e31.png

Then, this way, the Zotero default view would be a little less of rows and columns and maybe a little more natural (at least for me) of paper entries (again, I understand people use it for far more than papers).

Is anything like this possible (a plugin?)? Any chance there might be movement to change the default view?

(I posted this to reddit, but then thought it actually fits better here, for obvious reasons.)
  • I think it is not a good idea, you can see details about each items in the right pane. You can add or delete rows in the middle pane. Why can you see structured information in the middle pane simmilarly as in the right pane?
  • The interface is very text dense. It would be nice to have some white space to set off the text.

For me, I find it hard to differentiate between the papers (rows) and it takes (me) time to interpret which paper is which. To find things, it is easier for me to look for a text pattern first, before reading all the words in the text.

Giving more configurability to the user would make it easier for people like me to be able to configure it for easier reading. One could code it, too, so that the same view could be replicated, for example using a markdown type of thing and use pipes to make columns.
  • Zotero is currently in the process of migrating its interface to a new development framework. That will enable a big update to the user interface. I can’t say exactly what changes will be, but the interface will likely be much more modern.