Quick Report Sharing

Sometimes I would like to give friends access to a single report.

Often they dont have Zotero installed. And even if they have it installed: Starting a group and putting data in takes a while (sync, in my case, takes some time to respond).

Nontheless I figured I could start a group, put data in and then give my friends the URL. But that does not work because the notes are not viewable. (Even if it would work: a problem would arise due to the fact that the data is then completely public)

So: A web quick share function (with password protection) would be great.
  • pguth, that's a nice idea.

This could be a interesting feature for me, too.

A "web quick share function" should allow to upload some items including notes, tags and attachments (for a limited time period). The items should be viewable in the browser for non-zotero users and optionally downloadable for zotero users.

So it would more easily to share / distribute zotero items with collegues and friends.
  • If you just want to share the data with a non-Zoteron you can always use the generate report function to dump the full contents of your item date into an HTML doc . Which you can then either save and email or just copy and paste directly into an email email.

If you don't need to share full item data you can also just drag and drop a set of items into an email or a google doc to share bibliographic references.
  • Thats true, Tjowens. But nonetheless "quick share" via URL would be more convenient (especially if you are in contact with someone via instant message).