Error using Add Item by Identifier

This discussion was created from comments split from: After recent Zotero update to 5.0.69 Identifier not working.
  • I am getting the same error message when I try to search for DOI or PMID

A search for 10.1016/j.jtherbio.2009.05.002 yields the debug file D977740170 and for PMID: 31334498 yields D1230709413.

Searching for ISBN 978 1 84593 556 6 works.

Can you identify a problem? I know I am a few versions behind with updating Zotero and I have asked for permission to update, I hope I will be able to do so in a few days time.

Thanks.
  • Error code: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

Zotero Error: An error occurred during a connection to doi.org.

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.
    This is a problem with your computer or network. See SSL Certificate Error.
  • Thank you, I see that we are using a custom root certificate authority.

The certificate override page in the Zotero documentation (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/cert_override) states:

"(Later versions of Firefox will produce a cert9.db file that won't work in the current version of Zotero. An upcoming Zotero release will support the newer format.)"

Does the current release (5.0.72) support the newer version?

Thank you for your help.
  • OK, thanks.