Hide pdf metadata extraction window

How can I prevent the metadata extraction window from always popping up? It does usually not contain information relevant to me, so I always just close it. Therefore, I'd prefer if it didn't pop up in the first place.
  • What exactly are you doing to cause it to appear?

If you're using a current version of Zotero, it won't appear when you drag a PDF to Zotero or add a single PDF directly from the browser. It will only appear if you drag multiple PDFs or if you manually trigger the Retrieve Metadata for PDF for a single item. It needs to appear for manual actions so that there's UI feedback when you trigger that action. (If the PDF wasn't recognized automatically when you added it and you trigger the action manually (which there's no real reason to do), it's probably going to fail again, so it's helpful to show what's happening.)
  • Ah, you are right. It appears when there were multiple files added, or the last extraction (even for a different file) failed. If possible I'd nevertheless like to set it to never appear, since there is always the icon which you can click to inspect the log when something went wrong. But since you don't mention a setting I guess it's impossible?

Thank you very much for the explanation, now I do understand the reasons behind this behaviour.