Problems with Conference Paper

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to cite a paper presented at a conference (not conf proceedings). At first I tried it as a conference paper, but had no luck. Then I tried it in presentation (http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/6168/conference-paper-problems/). But I still have problems. Here is the information I put in for APA.

Presentation
Presenter: Ivory, James
Presenter: Wilkerson, Hillary

Date: August, 2002
Place: Miami Beach, FL
Meeting Name: Commission on the Status of Women at the Annual Convention of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.

However, this is what I get.

Ivory, J., & Wilkerson, H. (2002). Video games are from Mars, not Venus: Gender, electronic game play and attitudes toward the medium.

However, it should look like

Ivory, J. D., & Wilkerson, H. (2002). Video games are from Mars, not Venus: Gender, electronic game play and attitudes toward the medium. Paper presented at the Commission on the Status of Women at the Annual Convention of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.

Can anybody help? Thanks!
  • In my area, non-published conference proceedings, seminars and meetings are quite common as forms of academic transmission. I have to write these refs manually (which isn't the end of the earth). This really needs to be added in.
  • I've just had a look, and it appears to be a problem with some styles and not others. Not a huge problem, just a minor niggle for me.
  • George - since you´ve already done the work, could you give a (couple of) example(s) of what you did and what or which styles worked/didn´t work - that might help to fix the others. Thanks
  • I would be interested in solving this issue also. If anyone can provide some examples that I could use in my style I would appreciate it.

In my particular case, I also need to distinguish between paper that are unpublished and papers that are published but unedited.

Am I correct to assume that conference papers that are published imply a conference proceeding? If so, I can simply do a conditional on the existence of a "proceedings title" value. But on the csl syntax I can't find what maps to the "proceedings title". Anyone know? Is it "container-title"?

On the issue of unedited, I don't know how I would approach that.