Zotero bar doesn't open in Google Docs neither Word

Report ID: 1812458648

First time I'm trying to use Zotero in Google Docs. When I click on Z button or Zotero menu no red bar appears, nothing happens. I have Zotero App open when trying to add a citation or bibliography.
And the same is happening in Word, when I click on Zotero just the app opens but I can't add a citation
  • You're using Safari, which for complicated reasons doesn't have an up-to-date Zotero Connector, though the Google Docs integration should still generally work. If possible, you can try Firefox or Chrome to see if it's any different there.

But Word should work regardless, so we can start with that. Can you provide a Report ID from Zotero? What exact version of Word? Have you tried restarting your computer?
  • I apologize for delaying in answering, I didn't expect I would have a response ASAP.
    There are the reports ID for each browser.
    I reinstalled Zotero and it worked well just in Word, then I tried to use it in Google Docs but the app stopped to work in all the browsers and then in Word too. So I think that in order to work at least in Word, I would have to reinstall Zotero again and not to try to use it in Google docs... but I need to work in Google Docs, please, help.

macOS Mojave V.10.14.5
    Report ID: 169852365 - Chrome
    Report ID: 799184259 - Firefox
    Report ID: 2035310858 - Safari
    Report ID: 1445619658 - Word 2011 for Mac V.14.7.2
  • No, as long as you're running the latest version of Zotero, there's almost no chance that reinstalling Zotero fixes anything. There's some chance that something happens after trying to cite in one that breaks things until you next restart Zotero.

The Report IDs you provided are all from Safari, so I think you misunderstood those steps.

But for Word, start by upgrading to the latest version of Word 2011, which is 14.7.7.