Retrieve data to new computer

My Macbook had a major technical breakdown so i had to go get a new hardrive/startdesk. As a result i've lost most of my stuff including my Office package including Word (2011) where my thesis was on with zotero linked to it.

My questions is - is there any way i can buy a new version of Word and then retrieve all my links with citations via my online Zotero library? Or open my thesis in google docs and somehow connect the online version of Zotero? Is there any way i can get the connection back with all my citations (250+)?

Thanks
  • If you were using syncing — which it appears you were — then yes, you just need to set up syncing in Zotero again to retrieve your Zotero library.

But are you saying you lost the Word document you were using, or do you still have that?
  • I have acces to my Zotero library online, so i have used sync.
    So i have to download Zotero again and then set up sync again?

I managed to save the word document by sending it to myself on email and facebook. So it still exist, but not on my computer as i have to buy Word again.

Is it possible to drag the word file from my mail into google docs, and then get Zotero to reconnect with my Zotero library after i made it sync? Will all previous citations be connected again?
  • As you long you're opening the same document and have synced the same Zotero library, it will work as before.
  • Thanks! works now with the new word.

Is it possible to continue in google docs? if i drag the word file into docs, and then connect Zotero with my google docs account?
  • You can't just drag the document into google docs, no. You'd have to export it from Word first, so you need at least temporary access to a computer with Word installed.
  • And then i would have to use the Zotero Beta version to complete the export to keep the active citations intact right?
  • That's right.