Error in updating document

edited July 14, 2019
Report ID 678302155

Hi, Zotero 5.0.70 on macOS X 10.14.5 using LibreOffice 6.2.5 returned this error msg shortly after completing what appeared to be a Zotero plugin update on startup.

I had just rearranged 3-4 paragraphs in my document and clicked on the Refresh button in the Zotero menu in LibreOffice when the error occurred.

The References section contains around 400 references. I have tried steps 1-8 (but not yet 9) in the Troubleshooting Guide to no avail. I have also reinstalled the Zotero plugin and updated the Java SDK for LibreOffice.

Update 1 – I've tried deleting the recently changed section and Refreshing the References but again no joy.

Update 2 – I downgraded Zotero to 5.0.67.3 and Refreshed the References without an error msg.

Thanks

• [JavaScript Error: "3 is read-only" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/citeproc.js" line: 19974}]
    @fbennett will need your help.

@dm5n Would you please run through the step 9 for us with version 5.0.70? Even with a long document it should not take many steps, since every time you are cutting the document in half so for example a 100 page document is reduced to 1 page in 7 steps.
  • Ok, will run and report back. Thanks :)
  • @dm5n: If you can identify the item that is causing the error, it would be helpful if, before changing or deleting it, you could provide it for testing. I have never seen this error before, and it is either caused by a bug in the processor that stumbles over an unusual input value, or by some other factor. It's hard to say which without looking at the input.

To submit a test item, join the public Jurism Test Submission group, sync, create a collection named for the style that shows the error, drop the item into it, and sync again.
  • Trying to isolate the problem citation – and confirming that I'm using a Vancouver CSL – which I modified to include doi info.

But LibreOffice is now crashing repeatedly when attempting to delete the sections and refresh the citations.

• edited July 16, 2019
    No need to bother debugging this. We've tracked it down with another user and will have a beta version out that fixes it shortly.
  • Thankyou :)
  • The fix is now available in the Zotero beta. You can install that over your current version to fix this and switch back to Zotero 5.0.71 when it comes out, which should be in the next couple days.
  • Thanks @dstillman, Refresh citations in my Vancouver CSL mod working in Zotero beta.

• Zotero 5.0.71 is now available, so you can switch back to that if you want.
  • Yep, switched and working.