Error Report 1948269864/ Syncing issues

Report ID:1948269864

I have been having trouble with syncing my library, error msgs tend not to be consistent. the latest error described in this report. When I initially click on the red exclamation icon I received this message:

JSON Error: Syntax error, malformed JSON (not sure if you need the full details or those can be accessed from the error report)

previously I received this error when Zotero crashed:

"Zotero cannot access your login information, possibly due to a corrupted Zotero logins database. Close Zotero, remove cert8.db, key3.db, and logins.json from your Zotero profile directory and re-enter your Zotero login information in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences."

I know just enough to know I don't know enough to mess around with code at this level or .db files. so I have not removed anything. Since this crash msg Zotero has been functioning "fine" but I am concerned the data is not being saved properly and it would be a disaster to lose it.

I am usually pretty good at deciphering log reports but this current one threw me for a loop. I searched the forums for solutions, have tried to restart my computer, nothing is working. I am paying for extra storage that I can't use any help you can provide towards a solution is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

(I use firefox as primary browser, and have the zotero extension installed)

BT

• Follow-up: last successful sync was on June 13th, 2019
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that triggers the JSON error?
  • Happy to, Debug ID: D66607945
  • edited July 17, 2019
    as you are working on solving the above issue, please note that this new error msg now appears: (Report ID 1955126018, can't find a Debug ID)

" can't assign to properties of (new String("out of memory")): not an object"

Restarted Zoterp with debug logging enabled, tried to sync, orig JSON error appeared (The Debug ID is D422274127.)

Any help is appreciated
  • Have you dragged images into notes? If so, you'll need to remove those before syncing. Images in notes aren't currently supported, and while that normally results in a better error, in some cases very large images can break the sync without the more helpful error appearing.

You should be able to search for 'data:image' in the search bar in Everything mode to find notes with embedded images and then remove the images or delete the notes and empty the trash. You can then add the images back as attachments.
  • edited July 21, 2019
    Thank you for the suggestion. There was one note that contained a larger image than I remember saving. Now I know a better way to preserve the images.

Syncing issue solved, thank you!
  • Spoke too soon, just received this error msg:

"'note' not loaded for item (6748/1/I2E46LSM)"
    how do I find the offending note:

(Debugcode: D1086037662)
  • Does this happen after restarting Zotero?