Reviewed editor for book reviews

Is it possible to enter editor names for reviewed books in order to display the appropriate label after the names (ed.)?
  • No, sorry. I'm somewhat doubtful this is common enough for us to add within the current data model. If Zotero ever gets linked item types (like "is review of" or "is chapter in" etc.) it'd be easy to add, but without it probably not.
  • @adamsmith One option I proposed recently was to add “reviewed-“ and “original-“ versions of all variables.
  • yeah, but even if we accept the proliferation of variables which may cause other issues, the problem is still that this doesn't really work/help for GUI applications like Zotero . The current Extra syntax helps as a workaround, but it's not really something we'll want to keep around longer than necessary I imagine.
  • Perhaps there is a better venue to discuss this, but I'd imagine proper support for reviews and republished items would require buttons to "Add Reviewed Item" and "Add Original Publication", to display the full set of relevant fields.
  • @adamsmith and @bwiernik, reviews of edited volumes are common in the humanities. Reviewers often review the entire volume and not individual essays, so having "Reviewed Editor" in the dropdown is important.
  • Support for reviewed editors (and "reviewed" forms of all variables) will come in CSL 1.1
  • When will that happen?
  • edited August 19, 2020
    We are hoping to finalize CSL 1.1 in the next month or so. Hopefully the citation processor Zotero uses will be updated to work with CSL 1.1 in the months thereafter. But I can’t make any specific predictions of timeline.
  • @bwiernik, are CSL 1.1 and reviewed editors supported yet?