Report Error 1892685004

Hello

I have no idea why, but for the past 24 hours, I keep getting this report error, now reported under No. 1892685004. Essentially Zotero just freezes while I am typing my notes up and I have to restart all over again.

Many thanks,

• edited July 8, 2019
    Start by upgrading to Zotero 5.0.69.

If the problem still occurs, we'd need a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for the crash happening. If it takes a while to occur, you can periodically clear the output to avoid logging too much unnecessary data.
  • Two more things:
    What does periodically clear the output mean?
    I've noticed that it takes times for Zotero to get started. Is this because I have wo many pdfs saved in my folder? these seem to get copied when I save the details of the document directly via sites that host the journal articles. How can I get rid of these pdfs if this is what is causing the problem?

Many thanks
  • edited July 8, 2019
    While debug output logging is enabled, you'll see the count of logged lines in the Debug Output Logging menu increasing. Having many unnecessary lines makes it harder for us to interpret the log, and since all that matters is the output shortly before the crash, you can periodically go to Help → Debug Output Logging → Clear Output if you've been doing things in Zotero and the problem hasn't yet occurred.

Let's not worry about the PDFs for now. That wouldn't be related.