Deleting heavy/redundant snapshot files from Storage

Hello,
Suppose that I delete all the non-htm(l) files from my Storage folder in my computer. Will that also delete them from Zotero online, thereby saving space (and allow for a much faster backup)?
If so, will that effect what members of our library groups have (i.e. will my move delete those files from their computers)?
Finally, I typically use the Snapshot’s note-like window to copy-paste a clean text of the entry. Where is that stored, and can I make sure it’s not deleted when I remove all the non-htm(l) files?
Thanks!
  • Will that also delete them from Zotero online, thereby saving space (and allow for a much faster backup)?
    No. Only actions you take within the Zotero app itself will affect the online storage (e.g., if you delete the Snapshot in Zotero proper, that would delete it on the server).
    Finally, I typically use the Snapshot’s note-like window to copy-paste a clean text of the entry. Where is that stored, and can I make sure it’s not deleted when I remove all the non-htm(l) files?
    Notes are stored in the database itself, so they're completely separate from any attachments.

• Thanks!
    so to reverse my question: Will the deleted files be reinstated into the Storage folder in my computer after i sync it with the online library?

Also, I paste the clean text not in a new note but in the note-like window that you see when you click on the Snapshot. Is that text also stored in the database?
  • 1. No, typically the files wouldn't sync back down from the server
    2. Yes, also stored in the database, but this would be deleted, of course, if you delete the snapshot itself in Zotero.